Picking your Palm Beach wedding venue is one of the biggest wedding planning “to do” list items. It takes time to find the perfect venue that showcases who you are as a couple.
We recommend starting your wedding venue search by creating a list of priorities you require from the venue space and then start researching venues online. Do you need a venue that holds 300? Do you have your heart set on using a specific vendor? Excel is a great tool of keeping track of these requirements.
After you’ve done your initial online research, it’ll be time to tour the venues. We recommend narrowing down your wedding venue list to the top 5 contenders. Anything longer and you will go crazy visiting venues.
We created this handy list of common, important questions to ask during your Palm Beach wedding venue tour. Make sure to print the list so you don’t forget to ask something that might be important to you!
Pricing and Inclusions
- What is the guest capacity?
- What are the rental fees?
- What are the time limits? Are there fees for going overtime?
- What do those fees include? Tables? Chairs? Linens? Bar? Stage?
- Are there package deals? What is the breakdown of inclusions in the package?
Vendors and Details
- Is the catering in-house? When will the tasting take place? Is there a sample menus?
- What is the alcohol policy? Can we supply our own? Is there a corkage fee?
- Is there a required vendor list or can we use any vendors of our choosing?
- Is there a designated, private getting ready room on-site for the couple?
- Are there restrictions on décor, such as candles, confetti, sparklers?
- How’s the lighting? Are lights able to be dimmed?
- Can both the ceremony and reception take place on-site?
- What is the fee for having a rehearsal on-site?
- Will there be simultaneous events happening on the wedding day?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Is there an indoor option in case of rain or bad weather? When is the rain call made and by whom?
- What is the hurricane policy? How far in advance of the storm will the call be made?
- Will there be a staff member present during the event?
- Are there any required permits to use the space?
- When can load-in begin?
- What do guests do for parking? Is valet available? What are the associated costs?
- Is the space handicap accessible?
- How many restrooms are on site? Are they handicap accessible?
- Are children welcome?
- Do you have on-site accommodations or hotel affiliates?
This is not an exhaustive list of questions, but it’ll get you started in knowing what to ask you Palm Beach wedding venue during your tour. Have fun touring!